Welcome to the workshop and events page. This is where you have the opportunity to take a course, participate in a webinar, herb camp or go for a walk to enhance your knowledge of herbal medicine.
Often workshops are for both those who are beginners and curious and for those who have practicing herbal medicine professionally for years. Hope to see you at a workshop soon.
This spring, summer and fall learn about growing medicinal herbs, harvesting their medicine and how to make medicine from fresh plant and prepare plants for drying.
Each day you will have the opportunity
- Settle into the garden with a variety of different garden meditations
- Experience different ways of understanding a plants medicine: taste, doctrine of signatures
- Get dirty planting and caring for plants in a medicinal herb garden
- Learning about garbling and drying plants for medicine
- Discover the many different ways of making plant medicine including: fresh plant tincture, flower essence, infused oils and creams, glycerites, liniments, etc
- Explore wild plants with plant walks
- And most importantly connect with the plants and others who are excited about herbal medicine
Reserve all dates: 350.00 – Preference will be given to those who participate throughout the spring, summer and fall
For single classes if available: 50.00 – Registration for single classes begins in April if classes are not full.
Total participants 9 people.
Saturday, May 8th 10-3pm lunch at noon – Planting Trees and shrubs, some see planting
Saturday, June 5 10-3pm Lunch at noon – Planting plants and seedlings and seeds
Saturday, July 10 10-3pm Lunch at noon – Caring for gardens, making a flower essences
Saturday, Aug 21 10-3pm Lunch at noon – Caring for gardens, harvesting plants, making medicine
Saturday, Sept 25 10-3pm Lunch at noon – Caring for gardens, harvesting plants, making medicine
Saturday, Oct 16 10-3pm Lunch at noon – Caring for gardens, harvesting plants, making medicine
What do you need to bring:
- Your lunch and a water bottle. We have excellent spring water here, so you don’t need it filled.
- Weather appropriate clothing and whatever you need to be comfortable to be outdoors rain or shine.
- Your swim suit if you want to swim. There is lovely private lake a 5 minute walk from the garden.
- For days where we go for a walk in the woods to look at wild plants, please have appropriate foot wear, the trails are rough.
- If you have your own personal gardening tools, please bring them along.