Collaborative Oncology: A Phototherapy Perspective
Friday, February 21 to Sunday, February 23, 2020
This is the first of two part workshop:
The first part includes:
• What cancer is, how it starts, how it progresses, what goes wrong and what can be done to counteract the aberrant cell behaviors
• Cancer prevention and immune building protocols
• Why the liver is so important and how to support it
• Stress, Liver and the Immune system in cancer - Materia Medica for building the foundation (adaptogens, alteratives and immune tonics)
• How to read blood work and pathology reports, what other ways of testing are open to herbalists and how to assess the cancer patient.
Part two will take place in November 2020 in Ottawa.
Part Two: November 20, 21 & 23 Ottawa, Ontario
Building on the depth and detail of level one, this three day intensive will give practical guidelines and protocols for managing cases.
Coping with chemo
Genetic screening in cancer therapies
Materia Medica for cancer - the cyto-toxic herbs
Chanchal Cabrera MSc, FNIMH, (RH)AHGher MSc
Chanchal has been a member of the National Institute of MedicalHerbalists (UK) since 1987 and obtained her in herbal medicine at the University of Wales in 2003. Her clinical specialty is helping people manage cancer. Chanchal held the faculty chair in Botanical
Medicine at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in New Westminster 2004-2016. She serves on the board of advisors of Dominion Herbal College in Burnaby, on the editorial board of Medical Herbalism clinical newsletter and she publishes widely in professional journals and lectures internationally on medical herbalism, nutrition and health. Chanchal is the author of the book ‘Fibromyalgia – A Journey Toward Healing’ published by
Contemporary Books. She is a certified Master Gardener and a certified Horticulture Therapist. In 2009 Chanchal was honored with a Fellowship in the NIMH for service to the profession over 25 years.
Early Bird Register before January 15th 325.00 plus hst
Student (You must provide proof) . 325.00 plus hst
After January 15th 425.00 plus hst
To register call Ottawa Holistic Wellness at 613-230-0998
Please note: If you wish to stay at the Alt Hotel in Ottawa, you will need to book your rooms separately from the course registration.